Do you employ someone with a disability?

The government’s AtW scheme may help you or your company to pay for communication support that may be needed at work.Access to Work (AtW) is a government funding scheme. It provides practical support and advice to disabled people and their employers to help overcome work related obstacles resulting from disability.

Are you thinking about recruiting a person with a disability?

There may be practical problems to overcome to enable them to carry out their job on an equal basis as their colleagues? AtW can help to overcome these problems and can be tailored to suit the needs of an individual. AtW does not replace the employer’s normal responsibilities to implement Health and Safety regulations nor does it replace the responsibilities required by the Equalities Act (formerly the Disability Discrimination Act).

Who can get AtW?

You may be able to get AtW if you are:

  •      in a paid job
  •      unemployed and about to start a job
  •      unemployed and about to start a work trial
  •      self-employed

and your disability or health condition stops you from being able to do parts of your job. Your disability or health condition may not have a big effect on what you do each day, but may have a long-term effect on how well you can do your job.

Do you require an assessment as a matter of urgency? Do you feel you need to cut through the red tape and provide support for the member of staff as quickly as possible?

Norris Consultancy has many years experience in carrying out assessments in the workplace. We can provide in-depth reports with suggestions of equipment, support, where to purchase, plus other recommendations together with prices.

For further information please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to offer advice.